Wednesday, March 9, 2011

RurrMisurr Vegetable Garden

I am gearing up for our vegetable garden as spring is soon upon us. And I have no idea how to set up my garden! It is about 5ft x 10ft and is a raised bed. We have some uh-mazing compost that we will use for it but that is about all I know so far. Companion plating? Organic planting? To mulch or not to mulch? I have no idea!

Here is my preliminary plan....

Veggies:
Tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumber, peppers, lettuce, kale, snap peas, green beans

I also have a separate area for herbs in a container area.
I would like to plant:
Basil, Cilantro, Mint, Rosemary, Chives, Thyme, Dill, Oregano



Then, finally, I thought I would try to plant a few bushes in the back of the yard-- raspberry and blueberry. On an unrelated note, I would also would like to plant a eucalyptus silver dollar bush.

2 comments:

  1. DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN GROW BLUEBERRIES ....
    RASPBERRIES ARE VERY THORNY ... BEST AWAY FROM WRIGLEY'S BEAUTIFUL LOCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that case: eucalyptus cenaria it is!

    ReplyDelete